VOGONS

First post, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

With DosBox = I have a FullScreen, text color problem, ...
---
Ok i have fixed the problem.

Now, i dont use "surface", and "keep aspect ratio" is enabled , and "original" for FullScreen and Windowed.
---
Screen HP w1858, 18.5 inch., 1366x768, 16:9.
---

--------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 2 of 5, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

which Operating system ?

Respond = Windows 7 RC Build 7100.
-
I will try on my computer, "DosBox 0.73", but with an other Operating system.

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

try killing explorer.exe before starting dosbox in fullscreen to see if that makes a difference

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I try "DosBox PortableApps package", inside VirtualBox, with Windows XP SP3 Pro x32, VirtualBox video driver.

Inside Windows XP SP3 x32 VirtualMachine = i set max "800x600" video mode, inside DosBox i set fullscreen "original".

When i press Alt-Enter, inside The Windows xp Virtual machine, it try to go to = 1024x768-8 (8 bit color). = Then i see like the file included, ...

---

Then on my real Windows 7 RC x64, "HP w1858 Vga enabled 1366x768-32 16:9, have a natif video mode of 1366x768-32. I just try to set the video mode to 1024x768-32. It not fix the problem.
-
I will test an other LCD Screen "Samsung Vga 17 inch. 4:3" With that test = I will see if it's that "Lcd HP w1858" Lcd scren or inside the computer, ...

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Attachments

Last edited by sst on 2009-07-28, 09:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

try killing explorer.exe before starting dosbox in fullscreen to see if that makes a difference

I stop the process = "explorer.exe", and when go to full screen inside dosbox = it [dont make] the text color bug.

After i made functionnal again "explorer.exe", and when go to full screen inside dosbox = it [make] the text color bug.
-
= Then it's not my Lcd screen, ... It's with "explorer.exe, and what it manage".
-
I will try to deactivate Aero and others acceleration, of Windows 7 RC.

(Edit) Aero disabled or, graphics change dont repair the bug.
--
Also, i test an other LCD Screen "Samsung Vga 17 inch. 4:3" = it make the same color bug.
-
In clear it seam related to = "explorer.exe" inside Windows 7 RC.

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)