VOGONS

Common searches

Flight of the Amazon Queen

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Ender

User metadata
Rank Site Admin
Rank
Site Admin

Anybody like this?

We just got the source code from the authors, and are going to start ScummVM support for it (as usual, don't expect to see anything even remotely working for at least a month or two).

They're amendable to freeware'ing it (ala BASS) - people think I should spend the time making it so?

-- Ender
Project Leader,
http://www.scummvm.org/

Reply 1 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Ender Anybody like this?

Yes.

We just got the source code from the authors, and are going to start ScummVM support for it

*applause*

They're amendable to freeware'ing it (ala BASS) - people think I should spend the time making it so?

So, what is needed? A flood of emails begging for them to make it freeware?

Reply 2 of 10, by Ender

User metadata
Rank Site Admin
Rank
Site Admin

Originally posted by Nicht Sehr Gut
Yes.*applause* So, what is needed? A flood of emails begging for them to make it freeware?

No, just me getting off my arse and arranging it... working out the license, finding somewhere to host it (The major problem, it was a lot of trouble to negotiate Steel Sky hosting with SourceForge).

It won't happen until support it in ScummVM, anyway.. but I want to get a quick check of intrest first 😀

-- Ender
Project Leader,

Reply 3 of 10, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Kickass!
Now if you could only get Lucas Arts to give up Monkey Island 1 & 2 as freeware 😉

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 4 of 10, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Ender No, just me getting off my arse and arranging it... working out the license, finding somewhere to host it

Well, it's appreciated (by some, at least). I suggest you do this "at your leisure". There's no need to put yourself "through the ringer" on this.

Of course, I already have both versions, so I'm OK either way.

Reply 5 of 10, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ender wrote:

Anybody like this?

Yes. Flight is not so widely known as Lucas Arts games - not having backing and advertisement of the big firm. But it is classic cartoony humorous adventure very similar to the Indiana Jones series so it would be a really nice asset to the family of games supported by the ScummVM. It also belongs among rather problematic games to run on modern computers.
If you look at some of the forums on websites dedicated to the adventure gaming, for example on Mr. Bill's Adventureland and enter "flight" into search engine, you can see that people are still interested in that game and also have problems with it.

Reply 6 of 10, by Ender

User metadata
Rank Site Admin
Rank
Site Admin
Originally posted by Nicht Sehr Gut Well, it's appreciated (by some, at least). I suggest you do this "at your leisure". There' […]
Show full quote

Originally posted by Nicht Sehr Gut
Well, it's appreciated (by some, at least). I suggest you do this "at your leisure". There's no need to put yourself "through the ringer" on this.

Of course, I already have both versions, so I'm OK either way.

Best thing is it's a local company (well, same country at least) for once - which makes things a lot easier on me.

I hate timezones 😜

-- Ender
Project Leader,

Reply 9 of 10, by bignose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Ender wrote:

We just got the source code [for Flight of the Amazon Queen] from the authors

Thanks for this work, I see that FotAQ is now long-supported by ScummVM.

Where can we get the source that you refer to above? The source code, the source assets, etc. for modifying and re-building the game?