VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by stayclean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Searched through quite a few pages and didn't find a thread, so here goes.

I am unable to enter fullscreen mode after hitting ALT+Enter. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 2.15ghz Core2Duo, 4gb RAM, integrated Intel 956 mobile chipset (512 mb unfortunately, but since this is just a laptop and the newest 3D game I care about playing is Deus Ex, it's not of much concern haha, plus it handles HD video well enough). I have messed around with the Configuration a bit, changed the output= to ddraw, opengl, etc, changed the windowresolution, nothing makes it enter fullscreen. I can force it to launch to fullscreen, but I don't want to tab out when I want to check various things on the internet, IM clients, etc.. Any ideas?

Reply 3 of 7, by stayclean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. 0.73, it was downloaded from the official Sourceforge download link.
2. All the status windows says is the copywrite information, and where the config file was loaded from
3. Here's the config file, I accidently reset it to the defaults I believe

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox-0.73.conf.txt
    File size
    9.91 KiB
    Downloads
    234 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 7, by stayclean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is a picture of my status box. This was while running Ultima Underworld II in windowed mode while hitting ALT+Enter over and over. Didn't seem to pick up anything besides me increasing the cycle speeds..

Attachments

• statusbox.jpg
    Filename
    statusbox.jpg
    File size
    169.63 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

(we're having bad stuff happening to us on the Exult site as well, with our code not being entirely compatible to SDL and newer graphics drivers)
Just for the heck of it change in your dosbox.conf:
windowresolution=800x600

And then try again. It's a longshot and aims at the problems we are having in Exult. It will probably do nothing so don't remember to set it back to how it was before after testing it 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper