VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Saburo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have 3 versions of DosBOX(.65, .73 and .74). And yet, I am unable to use my keyboard at all on any of the 3. Whenever I try to type in a key in any of the DosBOX programs, nothing comes out of it.

Is there anything wrong I'm doing?

Reply 1 of 4, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

where have you got dosbox from?
what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?

post content of "DOSBox Status Window" (in Windows: right click on its title bar -> edit)
enclose your dosbox's config file

Reply 2 of 4, by Saburo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got DosBOX from www.dosbox.com(Actually, I just got DosBOX .74 from there yesterday thinking I needed a new version)

The OS I have is Windows Vista 64-bit edition(And apparently, DosBOX worked before. I dunno why it isn't working right now)

PC Specs: THe computer is an HP m9400f.
AMD Quadcore Processor at 2.4GHZ per core. 8 GB of ram, 512 MB AMD Radeon HD3650 Video Card.

DosBOX status window
DOSBox version 0.74
Copyright 2002-2010 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
---
CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file C:\Users\Saburo\AppData\Local\D
OSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf
MIDI:Opened device:win32

And I actually did try to change the keyboard layout from Auto to us and nothing still comes up.

Reply 4 of 4, by Saburo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried it out and it worked. Now how to implement that so it does that whenever I start up DosBox.

Edit: Right now, I setup a .bat file to run the command before running DosBOX and it works the same. So thanks for the help.