VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by OJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I have succeeded in getting my msdos program to run on both my computers. But on Win7 pro when it tries to print, I get a message in dosbox status window: parallel 0: Failed to open lpt1. It then crashes dosbox back to command prompt.

If I run Dosbox without starting the program, I can do an echo to lpt1 successfully. But if I run the program and it crashes, the echo command doesn't work, giving same error message.

I've run out of ideas, any suggestions?

Config file attached

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox-0.73MB5.conf
    File size
    15.19 KiB
    Downloads
    397 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 10, by OJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Status message is: parallel0: Failed to open lpt1

I also get a windows permission window each time I run the program on Win7 pro. I don't get that message at all on my Win7 home computer.

Also both computers are 64 bit.

Reply 7 of 10, by OJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is the permission to make changes to my computer. I don't know how to review the changes being made. Any suggestions?

Also I have Win XPpro available using vmlite. I would like to avoid going that route, but I guess I could if we have run into a dead end.

Thanks so much for your help!

Reply 10 of 10, by OJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The message box I've been talking about is User Account Control. It requires you to give permission to change Windows. I found that you can change settings on this control. I changed the setting to no notification, re-ran the program and printing now WORKS! Windows says this is least secure, but I'm not using the internet with DOSBOX. So I guess it's OK.

Thanks for your help, especially HAL-9000