VOGONS

german layout

Topic actions

First post, by fragenmensch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how can i get the german tastature layout to dosbox?
i need that to scroll in my german win 98!!😕

Reply 2 of 17, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well not sure dosbox doesn't keep a scrollback buffer and you can't set your keyboard layout to german.

Maybe in the future. but not at the moment

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 17, by fragenmensch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I meant the sign "~".I can't find this and other signs on the DOSBOX. Is there a possibility to give MODE con codepage...?
My computer says "Dos-Version wrong" if I give Dosbox "Mode".

😕

Reply 6 of 17, by Mongrel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Derzeit geht das nicht, vielleicht in einer späteren Version von DosBox. Du musst Dich halt erstmal mit der englischen Tastatur begnügen. Speziell die ganzen "Alt Gr" Tasten gehen überhaupt nicht.

--------------------------------

Currently that's not possible, maybe in a later version of DosBox. For now, you have to stick to the english layout. Especially the "Alt Gr" keys don't work at all.

Reply 8 of 17, by Caligula

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

At time I'm adding some support for foreign layout support. At time I've got a almost full working German layout (AltGR, combined letters like é etc. works fine, but there are still some minor bugs left), but I want to load the transform tables from a file and I want to write a frontend to create such files. To use the static German layout now, download the sourcecode of Dosbox 0.60 and replace the bios_keyboard.c file with the attached file. (Only tested with MSVC, but should work with any compiler and any OS)

Attachments

• Filename
    bios_keyboard.cpp
    File size
    20.95 KiB
    Downloads
    299 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 11 of 17, by Caligula

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've modified my bios_keyboard file a little bit. Now you can change between US and German layout with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and Ctrl+Alt+F2. The entire German (or other language) layout is loaded in void set_table();
I still had neither the time to write a GUI for creating layouts nor to load them from an external file. But everything is now moved to a single function. And I've fixed some othe minor bugs in my "first" version.

Caligula

Attachments

• Filename
    bios_keyboard.cpp
    File size
    28.98 KiB
    Downloads
    522 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 14 of 17, by Riz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, please don't kill me if I say something stupid... 😀

If I am going to add another char table(russian for example), then I should do 2 things.
1. Add ability to render the characters (because now dosbox, (cvs version too), doesn’t show ru chars(he-he, old times) )
2. The char table.

I was looking through Caligula bios_keyboard ...
set_table(int b,Bit16u normal,Bit16u shift,Bit16u control,Bit16u alt,Bit16u altGR)
as i understand *nornal* is the ASCII key code (am I right?) of the char and other params. are shift and etc. state.
But, i don’t understand the format of Bit16. More, i can't understand why some keys have that params, and why are they different. SO, if any one can explain it, I’ll be very grateful, and sorry for being so stupid. 🙁

=>n00b<=

Reply 15 of 17, by Caligula

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Hi-Byte represents the scankey value of the key and the Low-Byte represents the ASCII Key - It's not necessary to change the Scankey (except perhaps for some special usage) just leave it "as is".

To change the Chardesign itself you have to modify the VGA source code, or at least the tablesfor the character layout.

Caligula