VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pedestrian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using: Windows 7 OS with latest Glidos and Custom DOSBox

Hi,

I have been trying to locate the custom config file that is loaded after Carmageddon is launched from the Glidos window. I need to re-map the CD drive so that the game will work (i.e., it keeps showing "Please insert the Carmageddon CD"). I can launch the game without Glidos using a separate, newer version of DOSBox and mounting the CD drive there through normal DOSBox commands (e.g., "mount L L:\").

I have edited the DOSBox config files for my installation (0.74) and the Glidos installation (0.73), but it does not affect the startup config. The startup config for DOSBox via Glidos has the following parameters (as gathered from a DOSBox screenshot):

mount d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Glidos"
set PATH=d:\
mount e H:\ -t cdrom (** This is the line that needs changed **)
rmvesa.exe
MOUNT C "C:\Carma"
C:
CARMAV.EXE

I am sure I am overlooking the file somewhere, but I cannot locate it.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Reply 1 of 1, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The custom dosbox.conf is the one in the Glidos folder, but that probably isn't what you are looking for. All the setup is done in the command generated by Glidos. I just captured the command running on my machine here:

"DOSBox\dosbox.exe "E:\Games\Tombraid\Tomb.exe" -c "mount d \"C:\Users\paul\Documents\Git\GldRtr\GldSrv\Release\"" -c "set PATH=d:\\" -c "mount e F:\ -t cdrom" -c "rmvesa.exe vesa cd fmv" "

Really I need to provide for use of a local folder in Glidos. I'll try to get around to that soon