VOGONS

First post, by Famicom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.
There's a couple of issues regarding Tomb Raider running with GliDOS and DosBox (v0.73 -a special version for GliDOS-). I've asked the creator of GliDOS but he says those problems are most probably related to DosBox. Here they go:

- The sound is still a bit delayed, like in this video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXVNkucusY
It's almost unnoticeable until Lara starts shooting the bats and then keeps her guns at 0:46. I've seen other videos where such sound lag doesn't exist, so I don't know what to think.

- I'm using a joypad mapped with Xpadder. Everytime I run the game, the menu's rolling like crazy until I press all directions on the D-pad. Even then, it still rolls aleatory sometimes, and even Lara moves towards any direction for a sec -usually forward- right after loading a savegame.

Any help would be great. Thank you 😉

Reply 1 of 4, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

0.73 is old so nobody will really care (of course you could at least check the configuration file comments, but that's another topic).

Reply 2 of 4, by Famicom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's supposed to be some kind of "special" or "modified" version of DosBox to work with GliDOS. I don't know whether you're responsible for that one, or the GliDOS creator is. All I know is that he's provided with this "special" version so that Win 7 users can still play Tomb Raider through GliDOS. As far as I know, by installing it, a DOSBox folder is created within the GliDOS folder. There's no config file or comments whatsoever (I don't think I quite understand what you mean by "configuration file comments"). Oh yes, there's a readme file (with no extension), containing this:

"This is a copy of DOSBox updated to work with Glidos. The changes are to allow
access to Windows named pipes from DOS programs, and to allow DOSBox to receive
key-press Windows messages when not the active window.

You are free to change copy and redistribute this software according to the
rights specified in COPYING-DOSBOX and COPYING-SDL. For details of obtaining
the source see SOURCE."

Reply 3 of 4, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I don't know who built that version but if GliDOS has it for download he should know, and also should know why it's 0.73 and not 0.74.

Reply 4 of 4, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Use ykhwong's SVN build instead: http://ykhwong.x-y.net/xe/dosbox_data/143.

"What's a paladin?!"