VOGONS

First post, by oceanclub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm running Syndicate in DOSBox 0.75 (in D-Fend Reloaded). All works fine, but one thing I noticed is that the game seemed too easy; I can research items in less than a minute. Posting on the RockPaperShotgun forum, I got a reply seeming to confirm this:

www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthr ... #post37380

This might explain another oddity: when I finish a mission, the status report includes a ludicrously long mission time (it's normally in tens of days). I'm presuming they both use the same timing mechanism which, on modern computers, runs too fast.

Otherwise, the game runs fine at a normal speed. Am wondering is there a way to resolve this?

P.

Reply 2 of 7, by oceanclub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply. I tried 3000 that the autoconfig that D-Fend Reload specifies, but then in-game it was too laggy.

Over on a Syndicate unofficial site (http://syndicate.lubie.org/synd/html/synd_run_dosbox.php), it recommends 10000 or 12000. I tried these, and these seem far better - in the action screens, the game is responsive & the frame acceptable, but in the research screen, researching is now a lot slower.

Does anyone know how I should flag this with the Dfend Reloaded dev?

Cheers,

P.

Reply 5 of 7, by Hohlraum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Didn't want to start another thread. Has anyone tried Syndicate from the Liquid DOS repo under D-Fend Reloaded/DOSbox? It appears be running in French but the package lists the language as English.