VOGONS

Common searches

Fable

Topic actions

First post, by SamTinribs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm new to Dos Box and i would appreciate some help setting up Fable for my computer through the Dos Box, Can anyone help, maybe give me some instructions? Many Thanks

Reply 3 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't start multiple threads.
Fable

To re-iterate, there is a much, much older (and very different) game that is also called Fable that runs in DOSBox. Fable: The Lost Chapters will not run in DOSBox, ever.

Reply 4 of 8, by SamTinribs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry This is the one i have, i thought it was called the lost chapters from what some friend thought i was on about. Is there any help you could give me for installing 'Fable' (Not 'Fable: The lost chapters) I have the CD-ROM, i install it onto my PC as 'C:\FABLE\' And i have installed Dos Box version 0.74 for my windows PC. What shall i do now?

Reply 5 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you're new to Dosbox, it's quite a long way to go about it. You have to go through the readme file which comes with Dosbox.

I suggest you download D-Fend Reloaded (http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/) which will make it easier to "mount" the cd-drive and setup and so on.

If that's complicated, try reading through the dosbox readme again. All the basics are explained there.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Read and follow the 60 seconds guide - see my sig

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper