VOGONS

First post, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

game link here
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=26995F18F31AFB … 8F31AFBE0%21118

This is well known japan H-game "野々村病院の人々"(people of nonomura hospital)
This game works perfect in dosbox. But In korea, an indi programers
group released a Korean patch for this game and the game applied this patch have problem in dosbox.

game.bat - Japanese, no problem. Need TSR such as DOSJ text
play_han.bat - Korean, problem. No need TSR font.

game locks when I
1. see an ending (all 9 ending locks game)
2. save games

In korean game, the game files are adjusted not to show any H-images. extract adult.dat for H-images. Please check it whole. 😅

Reply 1 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The first question is, are you sure it works properly on real hardware?

You can try using the debug-enabled version of DOSBox to determine if it is trying to access a file or directory that does not exist for some reason.

Reply 2 of 7, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Surely, this game is over 15 years with the patch and works perfect on real hardware.

Game saving is same with original. so whether I load game in Japanese or Korean, Loading is perfectly works. And in fact, saving and ending(this game record how many time you see an ending) works but cannot proceed game after doing that.
So present situation is after the saving, press ctrl+alt+home to reset the game and run the game again and load just saved game, cannot see whole ending, credits or bad ending with hints.

I did watched debug window but cannot find strange. In fact, korean version of this game have a debug mode. press "end" key in game go to debug mode to notify what file is loading.

Maybe you need a help find problems. I upload a pics for you can proceed the game. And like the other japanese game, press "ctrl" skips message quickly.

Attachments

• Filename
    nono.jpg
    File size
    331.52 KiB
    Downloads
    109 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ik777 wrote:

Surely, this game is over 15 years with the patch and works perfect on real hardware.

Have you tried it yourself with this exact same download? If you don't have the necessary hardware handy, are you able to run it in VMware or Virtual PC or VirtualBox?

You also might be able to get the game running if you boot DOS inside DOSBox.
Install DOS in DOSBox

Reply 4 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The translated version of the game has an apparent bug that disables interrupts, making it dependent on behavior of the keyboard BIOS that enables interrupts. DOSBox does not enable interrupts when INT 16h/11h is called as real systems do, but it does for function 01h (non-enhanced). I've mentioned elsewhere that function 11h should also have the behavior, but this is the first case I've seen where it is needed.

The attached patch implements the compatible behavior in DOSBox. I've also attached a TSR program that can be run in DOSBox as a workaround until the issue is resolved.

Attachments

• Filename
    INT1611.ZIP
    File size
    635 Bytes
    Downloads
    1670 downloads
    File comment
    Workaround TSR
    File license
  • Filename
    int16_11.diff
    File size
    651 Bytes
    Downloads
    748 downloads
    File comment
    Source patch
    File license

Reply 5 of 7, by ik777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

🤣, I was about to capture my screen and upload to youtube.

Evreybody think this "fuging KIMCHIMAN" doesn't know about DOS and bring strange thing for dirt the vogons forum. But only Ripsaw you gave me a patch 2 times. So grateful to you.

ehh, anyway I have korea's software quality assurance certificate. I don't bring noob things here, this bug consisted over 5 years but in Real DOS and windows 95 with DOSBOX this game works well so didnt report here. But it is the time to fix it.

Again thank you ripsaw, I will bring such like this when I find again.

Reply 7 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It is not uncommon for people to post on these forums who (irrespective of nationality 😜 ) are trying to use DOSBox with copies of games that have somehow been corrupted since the copies were not installed from the original disks. It is worth asking, at least when Mr. Ripsaw isn't around. 😉