VOGONS

First post, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi there again, sorry for creating two thread. This game ive got in the same bunch as Thunderblade also has its share of problem, however, unlike Thunder Blade with its protection problem, this game has technical problem.

Installation work well and install correctly
- Sound test shows that sound effect and voice works
- Sound test also show that music works

Now in the game (Its the first time I play this one)

- In the beginning of the game, you start in a room with 2 men. If you try to speak to those two, you will get a closer view of them and it look like they are talking, but I don't heard any voice or text showing up. Also, only the music seems to play. I walked over some room until I went to the hangar to start the first mission. When I go in the plane, I get a screen that say ''LOADING MISSION''. Unfortunatly, it seems that the game freeze right there, because it has been more than 10 minutes since ive let the game open.

Despite the fact that it is ''supported'' in the compatibility list, some comments say the same as me (Music only and Freeze at the loading screen). Is there something I can do about it?

DOSBOX 0.74 Default Option
Using cd image comming from the CD I bought
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

Its the first time I get that many game that do not work with DOSBOX at first.

Thanks in Advance

Reply 1 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I installed the game from the CD in DOSBox 0.74 with default settings, and configured the game for SB16 sound and GM music. The sound and music tests work OK.

When speaking with people the sound is working here, so I'm not sure what your issue might be. Ensure that you're using default settings, and possibly try different cycles.

On the first flight, when the "loading" message appears, the game hangs with a "Paging requested without PE=1" message in the status window. This issue appears to be resolved with ems=false.

Reply 5 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well, your mileage may vary. You didn't specify what problem is supposed to be resolved by core=normal, and it wouldn't be the first time I had trouble reproducing one of your issues. ;)

Reply 6 of 7, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried launching the game with ems = false and I then I tried to choose the continue option (Thought I don't know why it is avalaible, unless the game auto save and ive got the following error

''Wings of Glory has encountered an error from which it cannot recover. This should be a very rare occurence and we recommend that you try to play the game from your last saved position.

If the error persists, please write down the error code, call Origin Customer Service, and report the error to them.""

"Error #fffd"

And then DOSBOX seems to freeze, not letting me input anything

I tried the game again and choosed new game. I was able to start a mission after that ''dreadfull'' loading screen.

I quitted the game again and ive came back in it to load my game and this time the game didn't crash. Why that big error appeared? Was it related ot my saved game or a random crash?

I used
core = normal
ems = false like mentionned earlier in ripsaw's post

Thought there is still a problem: I can heard my plane sound but I can't still heard the voice of characters im speaking to, such as the commander or the guy at the left of him. I have the same configuration as you when ive installed the game. SB16 sound and GM Music and all the test were working (I could heard sound, voice and music)

Reply 7 of 7, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Do you get narration over the intro movie and over the external view of the buildings just before the the office scene?

I suggest trying various amounts of fixed cycles, but it's a shot in the dark because I don't have the problem.

Try re-installing, too, if you haven't already.