VOGONS

First post, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just bought the Descent I+II pack from GoG.com and it's nearly perfect, but one thing I've noticed is that the CD audio on Descent II is unbearably LOUD. Like, I start up the game, and as soon as the menu screen comes up, I worry that I'm going to blow my headphones. 🤣 I know there's a way to adjust the CD audio volume in DosBox, since I did it before with Carmageddon, but I forgot how. 😜

Reply 2 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Moved! If it's about Dosbox, post it in the Dosbox forums 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Z:\MIXER CDAUDIO <percentage of volume>

Also GoG D2's cd audio is apparently badly ripped as well, as if they mastered from a pirated copy 😜

Thanks. 😁 I knew it was something obvious. 🤣

I recently bought the GoG edition of Carmageddon II as well, and I've noticed that one of the tracks, "The Trooper" by iron Maiden is partially corrupt, with a half-second blast of static near the end of the song.

Reply 5 of 5, by sndwv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I recently bought the GoG edition of Carmageddon II as well, and I've noticed that one of the tracks, "The Trooper" by iron Maiden is partially corrupt, with a half-second blast of static near the end of the song.

That was also present on my original EU/UK game disc. Always thought it was a defect with my CD until I heard it back in GOG's version as well. Perhaps other versions like the US release don't have the problem?