VOGONS

First post, by Hoky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there. I got this bizarre bug in PoP2 where after a wav file is played (for voices, or for sound effects) the game's input freezes. Yet I am still able to use Ctrl-Q to get out of it and back to the DOSBox prompt. Has anyone else encountered this problem and know of a work-around for it? I'm using the windows version of DOSBox and it's running in XP. Because I believe this is related to my soundcard, my soundcard is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. TIA! :)

Ack, almost forgot. I'm running DOSBox 0.61.

Reply 1 of 11, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I just got the same problem, and in my case, i couldn't even quit the game, i had to kill dosbox... happened on 0.61 too.

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 5 of 11, by LordJames

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember an odd problem from the old days that made POP2 much more stable in IRQ 5 as opposed to 7. You may want to try changing your sound settings. My POP2 has worked great with this setting for the past couple builds.
-Jim

Reply 6 of 11, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
LordJames wrote:

I remember an odd problem from the old days that made POP2 much more stable in IRQ 5 as opposed to 7. You may want to try changing your sound settings. My POP2 has worked great with this setting for the past couple builds.
-Jim

Cool. I'll try this.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 11, by Firkraag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all: Dosbox is really great, you have done an awesome job in providing the possibility to play old favourite dosgames. 😀

Now to the good ol' Prince2...

Same problems here, the "function" keys (alt, ctrl) don't work after some playtime... I could only save in the first pirate cave level, but after many (, many) restarts I have figured out, that the keys are disabled exactly after this level, when the cutscene is going to begin. I think it must have something to do with these cutscenes and the speech in them.

Unfortunately, the "irq 5 thing" doesnt help... 🙁

Reply 9 of 11, by Firkraag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No problem, I think this is the only file which is required for loading...

Attachments

• Filename
    Prince.zip
    File size
    201 Bytes
    Downloads
    369 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 10 of 11, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But will the game run with sound on irq 5 since dosbox emulates sb on irq 7?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John