VOGONS

First post, by toolrd3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have 0.61 and i can't figure out any way to get the voice in king's quest 6 to work the sound works just fine and the text will work but there has got to be a way to make this work please help

Reply 1 of 6, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You should always check the Games Compatibility Database before posting here. Sierra's sound drivers are often buggy. KQ6 has a nice, easy work around, though.... Check the afformentioned Compatibility Database for clues.

Reply 2 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The RESOUCE.AUD file on the CD contains the voice track. Be sure that you mount your CD drive and that the RESURCE.CFG file in the game's installed directory points to it. Look for the "audio=" line and be sure that it points to your CD drive.

Reply 3 of 6, by QuestforGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Type mount d d:\ -tcdrom

Install the game and make sure you have the D: drive mounted, because the cd has to read for the speech.

The game will work without mounting the D: drive, but make sure u have the D: drive mounted

Reply 6 of 6, by toolrd3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah i figured that out right afteri posted that. i had tried over and over to mount d as my cdrom then i figured out that in the resource.cfg that the game was looking for my e drive not the d so i just mounted e as the cdrom. further i found that using thunderboard over the soundblaster allowed me to finally hear the great voice acting that sierra blessed king's quest 6 with. thank you dosbox!