VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jack Barrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

how to do this, or just something that let me use the DOS "for" command ? I cant use it on the terminal and cant ether use ir on the configfile.
ex: for /r drivers %f in (*) do @copy "%f" flat
what i realy need is to use xcopy to automaticaly install windows 95 in dosbox
This will be the command dosbox dont let me use
[win95cd .iso mounted in d:, empty hd .img of instalation mounted in c]
standed on d:
for %f in (*) do @xcopy /h /e /i /c /r /y %f c:\win95cd

Dosbox returnme the prompt without any menssage of error, and doing anything.

ofcourse i tried a lot of variations of this sintax %%f; (*.*);(d:\*.*); without @, with a simpler comand like this for %f in (*) do @echo hola

Thakns in advance JB

Reply 2 of 4, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jack Barrow wrote:

for /r

the "for /r" options are not supported in dosbox,
it was never supported by real MS-DOS command interpreter either.

They are new thing that started at NT-VDM, which is not dosbox scope.

-fffuuu

Reply 3 of 4, by Jack Barrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about the bad place for the post Im new(also at dosbox), and ofcourse i red the guides and the howto post at the begining. If i can move it to the right place ill do it. Its here becouse im trying to do an automatization for installing windows95.
So the final answer is that i cant do a "for" (i tried without /r) in dosbox, becouse dosbox is not intend to be for batch (or automatization) porpouse?
Or is becouse the DOS version that it emulate dont suport it? Im using DOSBox SVN-Daum running on windows 8.1
I imagine that the emulator dosent implement the "for" command (or do a dummy-empty implementation, becouse it doesent give me an error)

*Is there any tool that act like a wraper or samething for that porpose?that i can use from command line?

of course I can run "for" command from a dos booted floppy 622c.img for example, where

for %f in (A:\*.*) do echo hola

works.
but the bad news is that i dont know how to make imgmount 4or5 mycdiso.iso(whatever goes here -t cdrom -fs iso perhaps) to keep on "boot -l a" a cdroom device. i can do it wit 0=A,1=B(master, slave i think) floppy 2=C,3=?(who knows? D perhaps?) hdd.(master, slave)
If i do a imgmount 3 myNewHDCreatedEmptyImageOf128M.img -size 512,63,8,520 -t hdd -fs none, and then boot -l a(MS-DOS 662c.img)
fdisk recognice that there is a 3 device present so i can switch it to the C: leter and then asigne hima a partition

*Is there any way to do imgmount 3 myIsoCDthatIneedOnReboot.iso -size (if you know the geometry of a cd or where to find it plz telme) -t
(cdrom?) -fs (iso?). Becouse that would help me a lot doing the automated xcopy from the MS-DOS floppy (or perhaps i could be able to reed directly from the cd insted of copying it to my c image)

PS1: For tat ones like me that doesent kno what is vdm (virtual dosbox machine)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_DOS_machine
PS2: Im asking this becouse i have invert 4 day(16hs per day) on this porpose (make an installmeWin95.bat). Yea Im really boring!!
PS3: admin if you can move this to the dosbox forum ill thanku
PS4: I think i found a posible unswer DOSBox IS NOT SUITED TO RUN YOUR NON-GAMING DOS APPLICATION dosbox is just for games!! dont do wird thinks 😁
Thanks J.B

Last edited by Jack Barrow on 2016-05-03, 11:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

*moved* 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper