VOGONS

First post, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Being a big Intellivision user back in the early 80s I missed the fact that Mattel had made Night Stalker for the PC. Has anyone been able to get joystick functionality working on Night Stalker or Burgertime? I am using SVN r4003. I have tried different machine types, cpu cycles and various joystick types in the conf file and all I can get out of either one of them is up and left and shoot. Down and right motions I just can't seem to get working. Keyboard works fine on both. Now, I realize these were DOS conversions and Mattel had them on a disk with a mysterious OS other than DOS originally. (I was told this recently over at the AtariAge Intellivision forums), but I am curious maybe DOSBox just can't emulate the joystick properly on these two? Thanks for any help.

Note: I know a few of the PCjr cart ROM jrc files like Pitfall II needed the cpu cycles down to about 300 to prevent joystick drift, but that did not help in this case.

Reply 1 of 2, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's my config file for BurgerTime:

[dosbox]
machine=cga

[cpu]
cycles=1000

[joystick]
joysticktype=2axis
timed=true

[autoexec]
@echo off
boot disk.tc

Using the original disk image file.

Reply 2 of 2, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NewRisingSun wrote:

Here's my config file for BurgerTime

Outstanding. With Pitfall II for the PCjr I had to lower the cpu cycles to 300, but this is the first time for me raising the cpu cycles fixed the joystick issue. I had mine set to 500, but 1000 fixed it. Thanks for the info.