VOGONS

First post, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
Legends of Valour runs fine under DOSBox 0.61 and 0.62, but shows one minor problem on both versions. When you click on certain specific buttons on the 9-button control keypads at the bottom of the screen during play, a copy of the mouse pointer is left permanently on the background image. Not all of the buttons reproduce the problem, just a couple of them.
Repeated clicking on these buttons causes repeated copies of the mouse pointer to overwrite previous ones on the screen.

I've never played the game under real DOS so I don't know if the problem is a DOSBox issue, or a problem with the game itself.

The game is obtainable from the home of the underdogs (listed as "Legend of Valour" on that site)

My system is Geforce FX5600 with latest forceware drivers, Athlon XP 2800+, Abit KV7, via chipset, PS2 mouse, WinXP SP2

Thanks, benkid77

Reply 1 of 6, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Further to the above message, I have also replicated the issue in DOSBox 0.63 and also on multiple computers. I attach an image of showing the mouse pointers remaining on the screen over certain buttons. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has reproduced this problem or otherwise,
Thanks, benkid77

Attachments

• legend.jpg
    Filename
    legend.jpg
    File size
    29.67 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    A screenshot showing the mouse pointer issue
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember playing it under real DOS years ago and didn't have any pointer issues that I can recall. I will see if I can find my old disks and try running it under DosBox with them.

Reply 3 of 6, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for testing it if you do manage to find your disks. I only had the atari ST version previously, so I've only had access to the underdog's version of the game for testing with dosbox.

Reply 4 of 6, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Looks like reset mouse (int33/ax=0) needs to hide the
mousecurser, qbix might tell you more (at least it works
correctly then).
Btw. position mouse (ax=4) should respect the min_x/min_y, too,
as seen in the game.

wd