VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by starlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello to all,

I had a question to ask those who might have either a retail copy of Rage’s incoming’s add-on called subversion, or might have purchased the incoming trilogy (incoming, subversion and incoming forces) on recent distribution platforms:

It seems that the few who know of this add on have reported a game breaking CTD on the last level. Given I have a retail copy of subversion I’d like to know if a workaround can be found.

Sadly, I don’t have more info on this as it happens on the last level and the sucker is very hard (no cheats exist).

As such, might this ring a bell to anyone here?

For the sake of relevance: https://www.mobygames.com/game/subversion

Thank you.

Reply 1 of 1, by Faust66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have the same problem with this add-on.

In the last mission 6:8, after shooting down the 2nd mothership, the game crashes to the desktop with some "exception report".
I run this game on my Retro PC with Win98Se, there is no graphics card dependency, I have this problem on Matrox G400 and also on Voodoo1.

I also launched this game on my modern PC (win7+core2+ATI HD 5770), same result. Apparently it's a bug in the game itself.
I have incomeia.exe version 1.0.0.1 dated 1998-10-22, it seems to be one and last version, I couldn't find a patch for this add-on.

I noticed that this add-on is not very popular, not many people know about it.
Anyway, I hope that someone can help with this?

In attachment I added my last save from this addon, just before shooting down the 2nd mothership...

Attachments

• Filename
    file1.zip
    File size
    29.6 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

RetroPC: P3 700Mhz, Intel 440BX, 512MB RAM, GeForce4 MX440+Voodoo2 8MB, SSD 60GB, Win98SE