VOGONS

First post, by TheRealAnubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I've been tinkering with sound and I'm looking for the best .rol music file player to use with my Adlib kit card. I like the intune player, but the nag screens are getting old for me. Command line is OK, but something that will load up a directory of files, and maybe even read inside zips would be great.
I'm using an IBM 5150, so 640k is all I have!

>Quick update 3-7-22< I thought I found Doug Brandon, the author of intune, but it wasn't him. I think that at this point the authors of these legacy programs would just give out the registration files - and if not, I'd send them some $$.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by TheRealAnubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update! I actually tracked down the correct Doug Brandon! He sent me a registered version of Intune 2.5 and said he was fine with me putting it up online so everyone that wanted it could have the registered version.
So now the nag screens are gone!
This may be a good time to hunt down the authors of your favorite software that's not registered and see if they're as cool as Doug!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Stiletto - Hi - it wasn't an email where he gave the permission, it was on Facebook chat. I'll include that below -

ME: Is this version one that you would be OK with being online already registered?
I could post it up on a retro hardware/software site and folks could use it, but I'm letting you make that call!

Doug:I had to rename ZIP to PIZ too, gmail is so picky. Yeah, you can do whatever you like with it. I don't mind.

Gmail was not wanting to send a ZIP or EXE file, so that's what the first part of the comment is. I'll also attach the chat window, but I've blurred out his pic.

Attachments

• Intune25FB.jpg
    Filename
    Intune25FB.jpg
    File size
    23.66 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    FB Chat with Doug Brandon 3-09-2022
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    Intune25REGD.7z
    File size
    62.91 KiB
    Downloads
    89 downloads
    File comment
    Registered version released by Doug Brandon 3/09/2022
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by TheRealAnubis on 2022-03-22, 18:22. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheRealAnubis wrote on 2022-03-19, 00:01:

Update! I actually tracked down the correct Doug Brandon! He sent me a registered version of Intune 2.5 and said he was fine with me putting it up online so everyone that wanted it could have the registered version.
So now the nag screens are gone!
This may be a good time to hunt down the authors of your favorite software that's not registered and see if they're as cool as Doug!

Please edit your post to copy the contents of the email with the author's permission into your post.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto