VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by YamiDragoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey again ^^

i heard of Dark Sun Online - Crimson Sands.. but i don't know much of it.. is there anyone knowing something about this? i would like to know how/where to get it and if it is playable..? i want to play every Dark Sun game, so this must be played too.. i guess ^^

so if you know this game, please post your experiences or links/files..

Reply 4 of 5, by Drek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I very much doubt that you will find any Dark Sun Online servers out there. This was, as far as I know, one of the very earliest graphical muds. Ultima Online often gets credit for being the first MMORPG, but before Ultima Online there was Dark Sun Online, but as I said, I very much doubt you will find any servers. You might, I suppose, get a hold of the server itself and set one up yourself if you were so inclined. I have no idea what kind of bandwidth would be required to run a server, or even if you could find the server software anywhere.

ASRock 970 Extreme3 mainboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
8 GB DDR3
Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 1GB
Windows 7 64 Pro

Reply 5 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it's that old then I'm sure they designed it to be primarily played by dialup users, which would mean that you could easily handle a dozen players or more on the measly upstream bandwidth of a cable Internet connection.