VOGONS

First post, by nevereven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All I remember about this game is that it was a tiny stick figure man (I believe he was suppose to be a spaceman) and he climbs through different maze type levels. The object of the game is simple, he has to get a key and then reach the door to complete the level. Each level however gets harder with various "fake" doors that would transport the man elsewhere in the level, ladders and other tricks that would either help him or hurt him. I believe the main way he could die is by falling to his death. There were no monsters or any thing like that. The game was in pretty much in black and white with no real amazing graphics to it. You could also pick which level you wanted to try by typing in any level number from 1 to 100 or you could just start at 1 and work your way up. I hope someone is able to help me out because this has been driving me crazy!!

Reply 2 of 6, by nevereven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I looked Lode Runner up online and from what I saw, I don't think that's it. It was just one stick man and he had no other mission but to get a key and unlock the door. I remember the game was for the most part in black and white and I think it had some what of a weird name.

Reply 5 of 6, by Daxeria

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The developers' site has the game for download (its full name is Spacestation Pheta), and asks a $10 shareware fee to unlock 90 of the 100 levels. I don't know if they're still active and accepting registrations.

Reply 6 of 6, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also if you're looking for similar games read up about the Epyx classic "Jumpman" which Spacestation Pheta borrows its gameplay from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpman

There are many variants of Jumpman available with oldskool and modern style/gameplay via retail, shareware and freeware distribution.