Anyone try this stuff yet?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, but CVGS was a commercial Playstation Emu that was and in some way still is more compatible than ePSX. VGS doesn't work in 2K/XP without these patches.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I..er..see. Compatibility shouldn't be an issue, however, since ePSXe is modular. (That said it's still possible, though any compatibility problems I've noticed are related to the sound and video plugins. What games aren't compatible with ePSXe that are with VGS?)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 5, by yawnmoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Based on my experience, VGS requires less overhead than ePSXe, but... overall, ePSXe is better / more compatable / etc. One big thing VGS has going for it, though, is ease of use. Applying the patches may not be too easy, but you can always have someone else do that for you. And even the patching programs have no where near the intimidating interface some of the plugin's for ePSXe have - like Pete's GPU plugin - eek!

Reply 5 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pete's plugins, I find, are really, really nice because they're really, really customisable and feature-packed. If you want want to deal with that stuff, just use the default settings, geeze 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.