VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 42, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-05, 01:37:

Zoo explorers and Oceans explorers from Compton's New Media. They are full quick time games

Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips.
Those came along in a "Multimedia PC" bundle and I remember playing them.
Body Works was another one if you call that a "game".
After doing a clean install, you'd get slightly a different version of QuickTime depending on what order you installed the various games, since they all bundled a different one.

Reply 41 of 42, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jakethompson1 wrote on 2024-02-19, 00:01:
Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips. Those came along in a "Multime […]
Show full quote
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-05, 01:37:

Zoo explorers and Oceans explorers from Compton's New Media. They are full quick time games

Nice. Technically, I think they are Macromedia Director based, but use QuickTime for video clips.
Those came along in a "Multimedia PC" bundle and I remember playing them.
Body Works was another one if you call that a "game".
After doing a clean install, you'd get slightly a different version of QuickTime depending on what order you installed the various games, since they all bundled a different one.

Looking at the box you are correct it had both logos on the front. Wow Body Works I remember that as a kid. I think I still have that somewhere.

Reply 42 of 42, by HandOfFate

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rarcher wrote on 2024-02-18, 23:52:
HandOfFate wrote on 2020-08-05, 12:49:

I think Maabus also required it.

I don't know why I remember that game, at all, but the name conjures up images of Quicktime to me and Mobygames backs my memory: "Maabus uses three CD's worth of Quick-Time Video clips to generate scene transitions as you pilot an automated tank across the mysterious island. "

Ok so I randomly came across this thread. YOU REMINDED ME OF THIS GAME I lost it from my childhood and could NEVER remember its name right jesus christ man thank you!!!

Haha, happy to help!

Am486 DX4 120MHz, no L2, 16MB, Tseng ET4000/W32 1MB VLB, ESS ES1869 /// 5x86 133MHz, 256kb L2, 64MB, S3 Virge/DX 4MB PCI, SB16 + Yucatan FX, PicoGUS /// Pentium III 1GHz, 512MB, Asus V7700 64MB AGP, SB Live!