VOGONS

Common searches

Windows versions of DOS games list

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 32, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

I own and use a Hollywood+, if it will help you guys...

Sure, mail me the card. Heh. No I don't think there's much you can do unless you know of some kind of software that can somehow convince other software that you have an old (dedicated) MPEG2 card and redirect the video data to a "normal" video card.

Reply 21 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, that's right, I forgot that most video cards can decode MPEG-2 data. Hah. I have a Hollywood+ in my old Alienware box, which is no longer used by me, but it's still there. It won't do shit since I can't get !@#$ S/PDIF in to work on my !@#$ SBAudigy, but y'know. VIDEO!

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 22 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did a little research into this. Apparently WC4 *might* work on the latest WinDVD or PowerDVD. Give it a shot.

Also, one of the original programmers, Mark Day, mentioned last year that he and his partner might make a patch for it to work with software DVD players... and then his company, Daylight Productions, was purchased by Kalisto, which then went out of business. So I'm not sure what happened there.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 26 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Found this today. Not sure what more can be done about this (MCI-DVD to DirectShow wrapper maybe?) but this link to Microsoft's KB provides more info and some search terms.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci … b;EN-US;Q227514

Stiletto

Reply 28 of 32, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here's a clue on the situation. Once I figure out what this all means, I'm going to email Digital Leisure a few questions...

http://www.digitalleisure.com/Tech%20Support/ … ttextdldvd.html

Enjoy the read.

Stiletto

Reply 29 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

Yeah, that's right, I forgot that most video cards can decode MPEG-2 data. Hah. I have a Hollywood+ in my old Alienware box, which is no longer used by me, but it's still there. It won't do shit since I can't get !@#$ S/PDIF in to work on my !@#$ SBAudigy, but y'know. VIDEO!

ahahaha, lies! They just added a third option--now there's "Default" (this is what it used to be to decode SPDIF-IN), "SPDIF Bypass" and something like "Decode SPDIF-IN". Oh. OH! And, whenever froopin video acceleration is enabled in WinDVD, the center audio channel doesn't work. (stupidity!)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 30 of 32, by procerus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The original DOS version of Looking Glass's Flight Unlimited was later produced in a Windows 95 version. The original DOS version was faster and more stable since the Windows release ran rather poorly under the new DirectX API.

98lite with 629K of free conventional memory in full DOS mode using QEMM 9.0 (or 628K with UMBPCI.SYS providing real mode for FastVid) with SmartDrive, CD-ROM, CuteMouse, sound support and UniRefresh all loaded high.

Reply 31 of 32, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh, are you kidding? The DOS version was faster and more stable? It doesn't even RUN for me. Unfortunately it's also the only version I've got. I think someone gave me some information in the past about fixing it to work, but I don't really care enough to actually try it. 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.