VOGONS

First post, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, can anyone please explain me how to make this prog work? where is the launchpad? the user-friendly content menu option is no more present, why? the dos prompt window, i use to start vdm, should be left open or it isnt necessary? please help me...
ciao

p.s.
at the moment im not sure to make vdm run properly, as u know 🙁, but i noticed that when i use it to try to play Simon the Sorcerer (talkie), NOT patched with the official patch, it doesnt work. on the other side, the patched Simon runs, even by itself!, on XP PRO but it freezes after some time of playing. this behaviour also happens when i use vdm instead of the direct running of the patched executable. can u help me here too...

Reply 3 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Launchpad is all 2.1.0 has in the context menus... something may have gone wrong during the uninstall process of 2.0.4. Uninstall 2.1.0, REBOOT your computer, and reinstall 2.1.0.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 4, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, i havent installed any previous version of vdms when i installed the latest one. when i right click on any exe file, i dont see any "run with vdms" option in the context menu. i will try to reinstall the program and we see.
ciao