VOGONS

Couldn't find CD-ROM!!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You could try the current CVS version of DOSBox. It helped me with Discworld 1 and 2 (I had CD-ROM access problems in official 0.60 release). On the other hand, still no luck with Pandora Directive, another game with CD-ROM access problem.

Reply 23 of 29, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, this is the "get castles II working" section 😁

edit:

Something *I'm* interested in 'cause my C2CD don't work. And I (think) I tried everthing suggested except the ripped version, which I don't even know how to get.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Reply 25 of 29, by Guest

User metadata

Quick tip from someone's who delved deep into the world of DosBox in an attempt to relive my RTZ days:

try this command to mount your Castles CD
mount d D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0

basically, that initializes MSCDEX and treats the drive like a real CD drive, as opposed to a hard drive. let me know if it works.

Reply 26 of 29, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No go - which may be because the -usecd command doesn't seem to do anything...

Will try to D/L the newest version of dosbox, however, now that I can actually D/L stuff... (Not having an internet connection = teh suck)

Reply 27 of 29, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I seem to have it working. It skips the intro movie, and keeps on dropping the keyboard (I hit a key, and it puts it into the buffer... when I exit the game, its all put out for MSDOS to process instead of the game. Or MSDOS procceses while the game is running...

Reply 29 of 29, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

going to the latest version of dosbox is what fixed the cdrom problem...

rebooting the computer a couple of times seems to have solved the keyboard problem...

Now, I just wish I could connect my computer to a sound system... ah, well. That'll have to wait untill I head back home with my computer. Such is life.

edit:

Now it isn't working -- instead of showing a blackscreen for the intro, it just freezes up at the intro (unless its playing sound, which I can't hear...)