VOGONS

First post, by sventamyra

User metadata

Hi

I've used VDMSound 2.04 on my Windows XP Proffesional system.
I installed from a file called:
VDMSound-2.0.4-WinNT-i386.msi
I also used the VDMSLaunchPad.v1.0.0.7

I installed and everythink worked GREAT!
I wanted to play some old games I had on my Amiga and that I had now found the old PC version of.

Anyway, I'm done playing now and want to go back and use my computer for sound recording in Cubase SX as I normally do on this machine.

The problem is that after installing VDMSound my sound sources (M-audio Audiphile 24/96 and Soundblaster Live!) now have the suffix "[Emulerad]" after them (Emulerad=Emulated in Swedish, I run the Swedich version of XP).

Why has this not disappeared when I uninstalled?
Has the uninstall failed? Am I still running on emulated sources? How do I make that go away?

I checked the windows registry and this "[Emulerad]" sure occurs a lot of times.

Greatful for some help.

Regards
/Sven

Reply 3 of 11, by Unregistered

User metadata
Snover wrote:

That's not VDMSound. In any case, it won't affect how things work on your machine.

Well, VDMSound is the only install I've done lately. And the change occured right after I had installed it. On the other hand, VDMSound wouldn't add anything in Swedish, would it?

So you mean that the only change that is made, is to edit the registry and add "[Emulerad]" to the names of all sound sources?

So basically I could change back manually by editing in the registry?

Reply 7 of 11, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by sventamyra ... DirectX 8.1

Well, then it's not DirectX. Since CuBase is a Windows title it should use Windows default sound device. You might check your "Control Panel" under "Sounds and Audio Devices". You should check to see if your default sound device has been changed to "Emulated". If so, you should try to change it back.

Reply 9 of 11, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover Erh, I'm missing what exactly we're trying to fix here.

From the sound of it, either his Cubase program wigged-out on not properly identifying his soundcard or that something's gone wrong with his soundcard drivers (I asked about DX9 on the possibility that his sound hardware wasn't "DX9-compliant").

Reply 10 of 11, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.
If there is a problem insofar that Cubase can't find the hardware, check Cubase's settings.
I mean, this box (laptop) says "Emulated" by most things so I'm not quite sure.

The problem is that after installing VDMSound my sound sources (M-audio Audiphile 24/96 and Soundblaster Live!) now have the suffix "[Emulerad]" after them (Emulerad=Emulated in Swedish, I run the Swedich version of XP).

Doesn't sound much like anything more than an "oh no something changed" reaction.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 11 of 11, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, there is now way VDMSound could have done what you experienced. VDMSound does not touch any drivers or any driver-related entries in the registry.
V.