VOGONS

New Realease

Topic actions

First post, by DragonSoull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wen i'll there be a new VDMSound release?
It wouldn't need much, just the 2.0.4 and the updates in one single installer (hopefully something like NSIS (i had a look the cvsrep) since MSI kind of sucks).

Reply 2 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No, and we aren't 100% sure the OPL3 emulation is working properly in private beta. Basically we just need to write some warnings about DiskWriter.dll crashing (Vlad, apparently, can't find where the crashes are occuring (Thread 0 ((null)) it claims)) and then we can do a preliminary release. I know Vlad also has a lot of other stuff going on in his life which is why he's been holding off on the release.

Rest assured, I recoded the installer, it uses NSIS. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 9, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Zorbid Could Speedset, mouse2kv and SapuCDEX be included in the next version, with their tab in the launch pad ?

Don't be expecting integration like that. Those are all separate programs, and other people's programs at that...

You might see some of these files being included as part of the distribution.

Reply 6 of 9, by Zorbid

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nice 😀

I asked about integration in the launch pad because, as you already know it, I'm doing tech support on a french abandonware forum. Most people who aren't able to solve their (most of the time very basic) technical problems by themselves are unable to use the command line or to read english...

So you need to take them by the hand, step by step, untill they manage to get their stupid game to work... Frustrating.

The most stupid windows user can understand this : "Install VDMSound, create a new VDMSound shortcut, edit it's setings and check the mouse2kv box"... If you see what I mean 😀

Making the launch pad some kind of DOS_games_in_NT swiss knife would make my life easier..