VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi all!
I've been using AbandonLoader along with VDMSound on my windows XP but the mouse doesnt work in *some* games. It worked ok in dune2 but doesnt work on older games I think, like madtv and Monopoly.
I thought the problem was in AbandonLoader, but then I loaded the games myself with VDMSound and the mouse doesnt respond 🙁

any hints?

Reply 5 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered yeah..well... acutally increasing the cycles makes the game even more slow...doh...

You may need to increase or decrease cycles depending on your hardware.

Speaking of hardware specifications, this is a classic example of why we ask for them. Since we have no idea of the specifications of your PC, we have to resort to guessing. If you had told us you were running 2.4GHz processor, "increase the # of cycles" would be the most logical response. If you were running XP on a 700MHz processor, then you might try increasing your "frameskip" setting. If you were running XP on a 233MHz machine, I would recommend setting up a dual-boot and run MadTV in DOS or Win9x (others might suggest removing XP outright as it's useless at that speed).

Having said all that, try increasing the frameskip (as stated in the README).