VOGONS

First post, by NStriker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Every time I start VDMS with Joystick support, either through Launchpad or at a command prompt, I get this error.

I've got update 1 and Launchpad 1.07, of course. Isn't there a new joystick DLL or something? I remember downloading one once, but I don't have it anymore.

Attachments

• Filename
    error.png
    File size
    16.58 KiB
    Downloads
    360 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
NStriker wrote:

Every time I start VDMS with Joystick support, either through Launchpad or at a command prompt, I get this error.

I've got update 1 and Launchpad 1.07, of course. Isn't there a new joystick DLL or something? I remember downloading one once, but I don't have it anymore.

The joystick dll should be in the "update 1". However, it looks like the dll was not "registered" with windows.

Open up a command prompt and type:

regsvr32 %VDMSPath%\EmuJoystick.dll

You should get a "Successful ..." and it should all start to work again.

(you can also go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and repair VDMSound, but doing the regsvr32 is simpler so do that first; if regsvr32 fails then do a "Repair").

V.

Reply 2 of 4, by NStriker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah. Right you are, then. It didn't really like me using %VDMSPath% or even the full-out C:\Program Files\VDMSound. It kept saying it couldn't find "C:\Program". Giving it the DOS version, C:\Progra~1\VDMSound, worked though.

Thanks!

Reply 3 of 4, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Putting double quotes (e.g. "C:\Program Files\...") should also work. You can aslo "CD" to the directory then just gve the file-name. Double-quotes are best though.
V.