User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello

have installed VDMS according to instructions
- old version
- updated files replacing old files
- launcher.

when right'clicking on files to run them, am presented with TWO "Run with VDMS" options. One of them has an icon (musical notes), the other doesnt.

Tried the one with the icon, and have had some success. The batch files that are created offer only ONE option on right'clicking.
However, am suspiscious of an install problem because of the duplicates in the menus.

Am also having trouble getting SB to work. Some games don't specify which SB version they support, so am unsure how to configure the VDMS in this case. Am getting NO sound effects in a game called FLashback, only Roland music (which is really slow...)
Am getting what seems like PARTIAL sound effects in Day of the Tentacle. Is it possible that I am missing audio/data files? Assume that the downloaded games are complete, but I may be mistaken.

Any advice?
thanks

Reply 1 of 1, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The duplicate entries exist in the 2.0.4 install because one runs the program with the front-end (the one with the icon), and the other does not (it just calls DOSDRV using the settings in VDMS.INI and runs the game).

Yes, it’s my fault.