VOGONS

First post, by Cherrn

User metadata

I'm using VDMSound to run a retail copy of Discworld 2, but I'm experiencing extreme stuttering during cinematics and other cutscenes.

I tried searching for it and found a few other people with the same problem, but I found no working solution for it. Does one exist?

Reply 1 of 6, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably CD-ROM access playing tricks. Read off the CD image as an ISO or Nero image etc. (if it has audio tracks) and mount it using NeroImage or Daemontools and run it off the virtual CD drive - could be somewhat better.

V.

Reply 3 of 6, by The Avatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Make sure that you haven't the option "Enable low-level network support" or "Enable low-level CD support". These ones can be really annoying. But VDMS is doing great with a lot of my games.

See too the EMS and the XMS. Try to read all the advanced settings and choose the best config. A day you should play Discworld 2 with no stuttering. You can try Dosbox too. Use Ctrl+F11 and Ctrl+F12 to change the cpu cycles.

Of your friend,
The Avatar

Reply 5 of 6, by raygundan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I actually can't run Discworld 2 without enabling "low level CD support". If I don't enable it, it complains that it can't find the CD. If this is really the cause of my stuttering, I need to figure out how to get it to run without low-level CD support. Anybody got any ideas?