VOGONS

First post, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings,

I'm having problems with Glidos such that if I click the mouse, the task switches to the desktop - when I switch back the game, the colors are psychedelic.

This is a significant problem in games that actually need to use the mouse, such as Blood.

Anyone else having this problem?

Reply 1 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Never seen that one before. What system do you have?

Reply 2 of 2, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi there,

AMD Athlon 2100+, 512mb 266mhz Ram, Leadtek 7350KDA SIS 735 Motherboard, Windows 98se, Aureal Vortex2 audio, 3Dfx Voodoo5 6000, Amigamerlin 2.9 drivers with glide dlls from XP 3.0 version, Glide2x.dll from OpenGLide distribution (linked from Red Baron Page).

There is one other threat where someone is experiencing a bump to the desktop, although not necessarily on mouse click:

TR/Glidos drops back to desktop (but doesn't crash)

Any of the Glidos games seem to jump tasks if I mouseclick, and all of them hang the Glidos server to a white/gray screen on exit. If I force Glidos server to terminate, the system returns to the desktop with TOMB running in the background. If I force TOMB to close, the desktop gets terribly jumbled and/or the system gets into a Blue Screen o' Death loop.

There must be some configuration issue with my OpenGL options, or something about the Voodoo dlls or drivers otherwise that is causing this instability. The end result is that if I play a Glidos game, I have to force the computer to shut down afterwards 😒

Is there a log or something that might offer some insight?