VOGONS

First post, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all i have a little problem i have the old dos version the Hard Disk version not the CD !!!!!

I did all the stuff thats on the glidos site !!!
I have XP Fast PC

But if i wanna run that carmav.exe i get a:

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't open general setting file

So What is wrong ?

I have instal that sound thing and 3dfx patch and glidos With no logo..! 😦

Reply 1 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So where did you find Glidos with no logo?

Reply 2 of 8, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😜 I diddn't find it i have remove the logo by myself
U can call it hacked/cracked

Reply 3 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I hope you aren't going to distribute that. If you find Glidos useful it would be pretty stupid to cut off income from the developer.

Reply 4 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Perhaps in private, you could tell me how you hacked the logo.

Reply 5 of 8, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have to say that I'm quite glad I paid my $10 to be able to play Carmageddon again! Any tips for getting any more speed out of Glidos would of course be appreciated. What would you say is most important? CPU speed? Video card/drivers? Memory speed?

I'm doubting that it is the video card simply because disabling Full Scene Anti-Aliasing on the Voodoo5 doesn't make a difference, although it could be the chipset/drivers. I'm wondering if a hardware upgrade elsewhere is in order.

Thanks!

Reply 6 of 8, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have yhe splat pack cd and it almost works 😀
only my screen freeze by the intro video 😜
so i conne read some stuff about ati maby that wil work
and sry i can't tell u how i hack/crack that prog its not easy to type and my english is not so good and it thaks me 3 weaks for it do do it my friend have test it and it works so but he can't use it cous then it wil be iligal
and i cant buy that prog i dont have a creditcard and those stuff and don't trust it to play it online im from a othere country so ....

Reply 7 of 8, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey Dark One, smart dude, you do realize you're directly talking to the creator of the shareware program you happily cracked? You don't have a credit card, but you sure have some nerve to come over here on the official Glidos support forum and ask for help. In some countries you'd be already in jail for that. Maybe dead even. Sure thing is you're going to piss off big time a lot of people who did the effort of supporting the author by registering their copy.

"Les cons ça ose tout. C'est à ça qu'on les reconnait."

Reply 8 of 8, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣 don't wory dude

1. Its the old version i use
2. I don't gonna give it away
3. Its only for testing....

I only use it for myself Duh