VOGONS

Glidos With ATI !!

Topic actions

First post, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI all i have a ATI Card and if i wanna play Carmageddon with Glidos the Intor screen just stand still ????

And some posts say about ati problems and at this post
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s= … readid=33606840

Doesen´t work HElp plz!!!!

and is there a beter prog then glidos so i can play more games with openGL

Reply 1 of 4, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ATI cards never had any decent OpenGL support, and Catalyst 4.6 drivers are no exception.

Reply 2 of 4, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I'm not sure what problems that you are having, but after completely removing and re-installing my Catalyst drivers, Carmageddon runs great on my Radeon 9700Pro.

Regarding a previous post, it is probably necessary to have an official and unaltered version of Glidos.

Try to detail your system configuration and specific problems.

Reply 3 of 4, by Dark_one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😦 well eeeh i can't play the gamy yet my cd drive is not 100%
i install carmageddon and splat pack i donwloaded glidos 1.24 i think ore it was 1.28 and i put my splat pack cd in drive and if i wanna play first...

The intro movie just stand still i press 4 times space and enter
then im in the menu and i don't have that mous hand !!
and if i wanna play i get insert splat pack disk !!
but its in my cd rom drive !! so i don't no if its my ati card that have problems ore my cd drive adn i dont now if its good that the intro movie stand still ??

Amd 64
Ati Radeon 9600 pro 256mb
Win xp sp 1
Creative sound blaster live 5.1
2x 512mb ram DDR 533

Reply 4 of 4, by crash.

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi there,

I don't believe that the mouse pointer / bloody hand is emulated, so the keyboard must be used to make selections.

I'm not certain that the Splat Pack works or is supported in Glidos at this time. In my case, I could not get it working. I also was not able to get the "Hi Octane" version of Carmageddon to function, only the original full version.

Does Carmageddon work? Do either work with software rendering? Have you tried and unaltered version of the Glidos demo (with spinning logo)?

Best!