VOGONS

First post, by Vandome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everybody. I recently bought Glidos because I just couldn't resist those nice new textures seen at Gambitt's site.
And then I played a few levels with JC's textures combined with Gambitt's, with even more astonishment. What a great job you guys did!
Although, I must say I sometimes was a little disappointed because those textures didn't really were like the original textures of the game removing some of it's charm. Still really nice personalizing!
And then I came to a thread of Z9D10, downloaded his textures and I just played those four first levels again and again and kept looking around, comparing to old graphics with F4. I just spent two whole days looking around and being amazed all the time! Really nice work! Just like I think the game designers wanted it to be when the game came out. Just a big wow and congratiulations for all this hard work! Thanks to everybody working on it so hard. It is just an immense pleasure to be able to revive that old game (that wasn't really up to his succes) just for 10$! (which is too low) I think if you guys go to Eidos, you would be able to let them publish the game again!
Oh, by the way, Gambitt, I saw your new site and I must say it really looks nice! Hope those textures get on it soon!

Reply 1 of 8, by Vandome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, by the way, Some animals don't get new textures, like the raptors, wolves and bears. I seem to have some problems with jars in Vilcabamba, they are not replaced either. And finally, I noticed those skeletons still look like 1996 (which is not so old for a skeleton after all ! 😁 )

Is there something I can do to arrange this?

Reply 2 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You probably don't have the latest version of Z9D10's textiures. Here is where to get them.

Reply 3 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And it sounds like you have another treat in store because you haven't mentioned Antonijadis's textures.

Reply 4 of 8, by Vandome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

You probably don't have the latest version of Z9D10's textiures. Here is where to get them.

Actually, I got them from your site! Maybe something's wrong with the way I stored them.

Glidos wrote:

And it sounds like you have another treat in store because you haven't mentioned Antonijadis's textures.

Oooooooh! 😳 Where can I find those? They're are not on your site... Can't wait to look at those...

Reply 5 of 8, by Vandome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

Ok, on this site, I found Lara's home, lots of previews (really astonishing like WOW! That man's a god! You just got to love that cistern!) and the St. Folly level. But I suppose there's more, isn't it?

Reply 6 of 8, by pbjpb1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok..i just added Z9D10's textures and i gotta say, i was in awe. how did you get the water to look like that??? the walls, the floor, the enemies, lara...just amazing. when i stepped inside the first room of the tomb of qualopec..my jaw hit the floor. if you finish the rest of the game like this i think everyone would be enternally grateful. thanks.

Reply 7 of 8, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its a shame: I don't think Z9D10 (aka Quest) is hanging around here anymore.

Reply 8 of 8, by OCcsdude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm glad you found Glidos and Gambit's site Vandome. We are certainly in for a nice ride with all these textures being produced 😉. It is worth the $10 to be able to play just TR alone with touched up graphics.