VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by nvptr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I tried to install JC's textures downloaded from http://download.glidos.net/TR1/TexturePacks/JC/ . I think I followed all instructions given by the installer, but the new textures don't appear in game. Pressing F4 key makes no difference. Quest's textures from the same place work.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Reply 2 of 8, by nvptr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I did. I installed both JC's textures and Quest's ones. When I select the JC's textures, they don't show up. When I select those made by Quest, they do. I have just checked it again.
I have tried other texture packs earlier without any problem. It's strange.
Do JC's textures require any special actions?

Reply 4 of 8, by nvptr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for your advice, Glidos. Unfortunately, this didn't help. With that option checked even the JC's new background picture for the starting menu doesn't appear. And the installer says it's not an old style texture pack.

Reply 6 of 8, by nvptr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Definitely not a silly question, but silly me. I have seen pictures of your Peru levels in one of the threads here and I thought this pack contains them as well. Thank you for making it clear. Have your Peru levels been posted anywhere?
I really like your textures. You've done a great work. And I hope you're not retired yet. Thank you and to the others who are bringing this classic to a new dimension.

Reply 7 of 8, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for your appreciation! Getting feedback is an incentive to continue the effort! - I haven't released the Peru levels yet, I'm waiting for Gambit to finish the new site. I am very close to finishing my versions of Cistern and Tihocan, so I am hoping that my next release will include all of the Peru and Rome levels!