VOGONS

Common searches

Tomb Raider Xtra as a community effort?

Topic actions

Reply 140 of 192, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'll do as you say Mr. G! I was getting a headache trying to figure out what was going wrong! I am hoping to finish and upload my completed Rome levels over the weekend, then that should be it for a while as I'll be off to survey Egypt...

Reply 141 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, I'm packing my PC up tomorrow evening and don't have any more time to sort out the site. At a pinch it could go live as it stands though it does still need a little work. I'd rather it didn't go live until I've had an opportunity to completely check everything and I also want to be in a position to post on all the tombraider forums on the day it goes live. It *is* still my baby, after all.... 😉

You guys OK with waiting? I think it'll be over a week before I can look at this again.

Paul, I'll email you the zip of the latest changes but without the artists folders.

Reply 143 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And I'm incredibly envious you're going to Egypt. Have been once, but only upper Egypt, still yet to see the Pyramids and Cairo. Where abouts are you going?

Reply 146 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm in the office and just having a quick cheeky peek in here. I'll have broadband installed at home next Saturday so we can probably sort out going live around the week of the 25th.

Is Antonijadis around? If so, can you please update your description and maybe add your current packs? It would be a shame to go live without your current stuff on there. I'll sort out my own pack next weekend too.

Reply 148 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, no problem, we can wait. Or, if you like, I can upload the files that you posted in this forum -- are they up-to-date?

Incidentally, I took some screenshots of Quest's work and added those to the site -- I hadn't seen the latest versions and I'm impressed -- they have a good dirty feel to them, more realistic than my own super-staurated approach.

I think we have a good project here -- lots of different styles to keep people happy. 😁 😁

Reply 149 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I took the liberty of making a new working self-extractor of your files Anton, and I've now uploaded them to the site.

I'll be working on a WIP of my own stuff over the next week and I'll upload that too -- then we can go live! 😀

Reply 152 of 192, by daggstar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i am so looking forward to the big opening of the website guys , i have played the first 3 and love the new textures . do you know how long it will be b4 tombraider lovers from far and wide can get there hands on the rest of the packs. 🙄

Reply 159 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gah. I've just been looking at the state of my work-in-progress packs and it really is a huge mess! I want to get something up and running as a basic pack so we can make the site live but it's going to take me far too long to sort out a usable pack for the Peru levels as there's still so much that's incomplete and you'll be waiting weeks otherwise.

Embarrasingly, I think it's going to just have to be The Caves for now. 🙁