Common searches

Tomb Raider Xtra as a community effort?

Topic actions

Reply 161 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right, just to let you all know, the site will be going live this coming weekend!

Disappointingly, I don't have much to show of my own work as I've been doing a lot of work on stuff to make the process easier, rather than texturing. And the texturing work I *have* completed has resulted in several incomplete levels. So my own pack will only be a WIP of Caves & Vilcabamba which is a little embarrasing given JC has done nearly the entire game -- my original objective.

*Cough* anyway, I want to get the site up so that we at least have something to show. I'm going to update the homepage a bit. When ready, I'll email/pm you Paul so that you can remove the password protection for web access.

I'll then update the various threads in various forums -- expect huge bandwidth consumption in the first few days!!!!!

Reply 167 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

??? I don't understand the question. Any pack you install will need to be selected from the Glidos menu -- you can't switch packs "on-the-fly" if that's what you mean?

Reply 172 of 192, by OCcsdude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to thank each artist for his contributions. I would especially like to thank John Capon...your textures are my favorite and you are cranking them out 😀. Just three more levels to go and we will have a first master of the tomb raider textures.

Reply 174 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow. Look at the first post in this thread -- it took me over a year to do the site!

And I've hardly touched the texturing in that time. Good job Mr.Capon has been working so hard, love the new Egypt stuff -- very atmospheric indeed.

Anyway, I'll be disappearing again for a while as I have some other things I'm working on that are more important, but I will be keeping an eye on everything and will certainly add new stuff from time to time.

Thanks variously to all for your patience and hard work. 😁

Reply 176 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey artists! I've had someone contact me asking if they can re-distribute the texture packs and also some of the earlier 'beta' stuff on their own website with the relevant credits in place of course.

I'm totally against this for several reasons:

a) I don't want outdated stuff floating around the net
b) It completely negates the point of having a central location where everything is up-to-date
c) It dilutes the TRX "brand"
d) It just makes me feel uncomfortable

If anyone can convince me otherwise I'm certainly going to say "no" -- I just wanted you all to know first...

Reply 178 of 192, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Exactly. He's already linking with my blessing but then he asked about the old packs and when I said no, then asked about the newer stuff!

I'm going to say no.