VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to get rid of the washed out colors effect?

Reply 6 of 11, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It has already been discussed -- the Voodoo version of the TR1 executable applies too much brightness and there's not much that can be done to balance it. The guys at Core probably thought it would make the original textures less saturated and more realistic.

You could try fiddling with colour adjustment: leave Glidos gamma at 1.0, go to you driver settings, reduce the brightness until you get a satisfying black level, then boost the driver's gamma and maybe the contrast as well. If you're using ATI Tray Tools, save your settings into a custom profile and see how it performs in-game.

Reply 8 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think dgVoodoo ignores the Glide gamma command, which can lead to it being very dark (that may not be the case, but I seem to remember thinking that before).

Anyway in Glidos, you can adjust the gamma to what ever suits you.

Reply 9 of 11, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I saw some screenshots of UB running in dgVoodoo on another forum, and they didn't have any washed out colors, and it didn't look dark at all. Apparently, you only get washed out colors in dgVoodoo when mipmapping is enabled.

Reply 10 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah screenshots. My screenshots from Glidos never show washed out colours, but that's because I always mess about with them until they look right in a photo editor. 😁

Anyway, mess with the Gamma.