VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zjm68

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just downloaded JC's texture files the other day. I just have one thing to say, ABSOLUTELY STUNINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really like your style. I have yet to explore the other authors work, but, I like what I have seen so far! I have had Glidos for a year or two (time gets away as you get a little older). I really like what Glidos does for Tombraider. I got this game shortly after it came out. In fact I purchased a Pentium computer just to play it! You gentleman who are working on the Glidos and texture products are breathing new life into a already brilliant product. I was playing this game about once a year, then, I got a new XP machine. I was so disapointed not to be able to play this game. I just want to thank you gentleman soooooo much for your eforts.

Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!!! 😎

Reply 2 of 17, by Art Raider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I saw on TRX's site that you have combined all your levels into one file. However I am having a problem with the installation.
When I extracted the files It gave me the error message- "some files may be corrupted-please try the download again" and got the same message a second time. Should I delete the previous JC folder and create a new one?
In other words, what is the proper proceedure for installing this pack?
Your help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Reply 3 of 17, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Art Raider! I just downloaded the pack to test it and its working fine. Try deleting the JC folder and re-installing. If that doesn't work then maybe your download got corrupted and you will need to d/l again.

Reply 4 of 17, by Art Raider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks JC. Did just what you suggested- deleted JC folder and re-downloaded your new file. Everything seems to be working fine now. Not to seem anxious, but when can we be expecting new levels?
I realize that this is a work at home project and you are not getting paid to do it - but believe me, if I were to put a price on your work, it would be impossible to estimate.
Keep it up!!!!!
Thanks for your work and your quick resposes to my inquiries.

Reply 6 of 17, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You've nearly done the entire game but I still have yet to complete a single level! How utterly embarrasing....

Can't wait to see your pulsating fleshy walls.... 😁

Reply 8 of 17, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't be daft! Definitely not sad -- it's great to see people putting energy into creative projects they enjoy. I'm glad you have an understanding wife 😀

Reply 9 of 17, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My Atlantis levels are available on TRX now. I've covered everything bar the three villains that make their entrance in Natla's Mines - may go back and do them at a later stage. Hope you enjoy!

If you need the audiopack triggers for the two cut scenes i posted them here:
Audiopack revival

Reply 11 of 17, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a quick play of each of the levels from save games, just to get a sense of the new Textures. Have to confess I'm not too keen on these ones. Some of it's really good, but it doesn't quite do it for me.

The reddish/greenish base rock looks wrong to me -- all this stuff is volcanic rock which should be much more black. I like the pulsating fleshy stuff though -- suitably icky and effective. I also like the metallic textures in Atlantis with the gold rings and hoops, but not keen on the plastic-wrapped organic textures used outside the pyramid in Natla's mines and various places in Atlantis.

Mutants are cool though! I didn't look at the big one though, saving that for a proper play through. 😁 And bacon Lara looks pretty scary!

Anyway, just me 2 pence worth. This stuff is always going to be subjective.

Reply 12 of 17, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh bugger...looks like I'll have to do 'take 2' then. I had a nagging suspicion that the pyramid metal might raise an objection or two, but the rock took me by surprise. I'd grown quite attached to that rock! I won't be able to put in much time until the new year now, so please do let me know about any other bits that you feel could use some attention.

Reply 13 of 17, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey, no need to change it. I'm just expressing an opinion. I'm sure others will love it as it stands and if you love it, then that's cool. 😁

Reply 14 of 17, by Zebius

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for your pack, JC! 😀 I'm so glad the whole game is retextured now.

But I must agree with first Gambit's post - textures of rocks just don't suit here, I like original with black-grey colours much better. It was nice contrast in original game - black rocks and red lava. I'd like to see these textures changed but it depends on you of course, maybe better wait for other opinions?

We are patient here, so take your time. 😉

So what are you planning next, JC? Lara's home or Unfinished Business?

Reply 15 of 17, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Zebius! As I mentioned in an earlier post I will not have time to work on this again until the New Year. I am not making any decisions about what I do next until I come back to it afresh!

Reply 16 of 17, by Ernie2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Jc i saw your Texturpack Screenshots an downloaded it, and i followd the insturctions from X´tra page, but in the texture menu of Glidos there is no JC in the rollout were the names hav to be!
Did i something wrong???

Reply 17 of 17, by Iverindor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello JC !

I finished Tomb Raider with your textures and I was very impressed. In Egypt, I felt in desert environment and I was sure that it was your best production. I acknowledge that I do not like some low-reliefs of the INCA world, whose color does not seem not harmonized with the stones. In the cistern, I sought metal textures of the pipes... The rest was without defect !

In Atlantis, you reached the top. I adored your stones of the Natla's mines and all other textures which one plunged me completely in this universe. The final mutant monster is a work of art. Frankly, I impatient to be played Infinished business with your version of these places. I did not like so front, but I know that you will be able me to make them like with your splendid work. Thank you to have renovated this classic so well !