Common searches

Tomb Raider Movies and Sound

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 67, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Every level builder who tried to remake TR1 has given up at one point or another. The most advanced project was the TR Conversion Project, and it halted at the tomb of Qualopec. Too bad, because it was very promising.

That's the main reason why I got interested in Glidos in the first place 😉

I found some of the websites, but they seem to be defunct.

I must say, going back and forth between ePSXe and Glidos, there's even more features about the PS emulator that I like. In particular, when you are starting it up, you can just press F3 and it will skip by everything to go to your saved game. The pc engine is a lot clunkier (of course Paul has nothing to do with that - it's just the fact that it was programmed so long ago), but you just can't beat the improved graphics of Glidos.

It's taking a long time to go thorough both games (I'm trying not to cheat anywhere), but what really makes it all worthwhile is the music. Just listen to some of the tracks on the PSX disc from 2 through 21. Tracks 7, 10, and 21 are some of my favorites. It's like a movie soundtrack.

Reply 63 of 67, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by DragonSoull The why not pick up where they left?

My sentiments exactly. If the workload is spread out amongst a large number of people, there's a lot less of a chance for burnout that way.

Reply 65 of 67, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kaminari wrote:

Perhaps we don't need to spot all the music triggers for a first try. Getting the main cues in the most important places would already give something interesting.

That's true, but I am just taking this opportunity to play through the game again, which I haven't done in a while, so I'm just picking them up as I go.

Reply 66 of 67, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by DragonSoull But now comes the hard part having people actually do the work

Details...details...

One thing I wonder... Can the editor load existing levels? I presume it can't load the levels from #1 as I'm sure someone would've already tried that for a conversion.

Reply 67 of 67, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Level Editor can only load original TR4/TR5 WAD projects, not TRx compiled levels.

It's possible to disassemble TRx levels with some specific tools in order to get the textures, skins and objects; but putting them together back into a TR4 level is not an easy task. King Spyder (and a couple other fellows who left the 'team' a long time ago) has been working for more than two years on his Tomb Raider Conversion Project. The two available levels are very promising and play nearly like the original ones, but at that pace we won't have a complete conversion before the release of Windows 2017 -- which, by the time, will of course be totally incompatible with the Level Editor 😀