VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

I downloaded Glidos just to check it out and it indeed made Tomb Raider work under Windows XP on my Radeon 9700 pro. Awesome stuff indeed, but not exactly what I want, since I own an older system with a Voodoo 5 that can play the game just fine.

The thing is, there does not seem to be an uninstaller on this software. I would like to know if it is as simple as deleting the entire C:\Program Files\Glidos folder and the shortcuts in the start menu and icon on the desktop, or if there is more to it (registry settings, files placed on the TOMBRAID directory, and so on).

Thanks in advance, and congratulations for such nice piece of software.

Reply 1 of 3, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It would have been nice to search VOGONS first for an answer?
showthread.php?postid=10554#post10554

Yes, don't worry about it. However, occasionally GliDOS will accidentally leave a glide2x.ovl file in your game directory, and you'll need to watch for that if you copy the game over to the other PC.

Hm, maybe GliDOS should have an uninstall for peace of mind of users? It is a common question here. Then again, it's not really NEEDED...

Reply 3 of 3, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You were overly apologetic. Maybe I was too harsh? I feel guilty now...

But yes, VOGONS has megabytes of posts now (as of right now, Total Threads: 1,405 | Total Posts: 14,127), so it is best to search for answers to your questions before posting.

What I meant by GLIDOS leaving glide2x.ovl in a folder was the glide2x.ovl that GLIDOS created, which AFAIK overwrites any previous true 3dfx glide2x.ovl, unless Paul has fixed that already.

GLIDOS is handy on a Voodoo card anyhow, Voodoo's generally do not support Glide-in-a-window, or at least most games do not support it. The only Glide calls for window handling are in Glide3, which the games we talk of are not. If you like Glide in a window, then you can use GLIDOS. (It is also good for compatible testing to run GLIDOS on a PC with Voodoo card, good for Paul and Fabio who make OpenGlide, but for Glidos/OpenGlide to be happy with the card, it should support OpenGL 1.2, which I think a Voodoo5 will but below will not.)

(Of course, you can also try WinGlide for Glide2.x in a window on Voodoo card, but it is an ugly hack last I looked.)