First post, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did anyone try to run Screamer 2 (the 3DFX version) with GliDOS
-in full screen
-at the resolution of 800*600
-with the Direct3D rendering ?

I'm asking this because I found a copy of Screamer 2 for sale, but I don't know whether it will work fine, or running it at a higher resolution than its native onw will cause to run at 1 fps just like Screamer Rally!

Please note that I'm specifically referring to the Direct3D rendering because it supports stereoscopy through the nVidia drivers, while the OpenGL rendering does not.

Reply 1 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Screamer 2 works fine here, but there can always be system specific problems.

You wont get stereoscopy. That realies on Direct3D getting to do the World to Screen transformation. With Glide wrappers, that translation is done before event the Gide layer.

Reply 2 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Although... when the game is using depth bufferring there is probably enough information for a Glide wrapper to reconstruct the 3D scene... no, no, please don't get me started on another project!! 😁

Reply 3 of 5, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You wont get stereoscopy. That realies on Direct3D getting to do the World to Screen transformation. With Glide wrappers, that translation is done before event the Gide layer.

Actually, I do get stereoscopy with dgVoodoo (which is my Glide wrapper of choice for Windows Glide games because of that). I can play POD, Sentinel Returns, Descent 1, Descent 3 and F1 Racing Simulation in stereoscopy with dgVoodoo.

Reply 4 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Amazing! I guess pgVoodoo is translating back... unless Direct3D can do that from the w/z coords. (He he, I obviously don't know much about 3D graphics. 😁 )

So, with Glidos, can you see any stereoscopy effects?

Reply 5 of 5, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So far, I only tried Screamer Rally with GliDOS.
As I said in the other topic, I would be able to play it in stereoscopy (in Direct3D mode only) if it wasn't so damn slow when I try to force it to a resolution which is not its native resolution.

Oh, by the way, when I used Windows 98 and the nVidia drivers v44.03 I could also play in stereoscopy with OpenGlide. I can no longer do that with Windows XP and the new stereoscopy drivers.