VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hojo2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

UB runs fine *until* I finish the last level. Then, instead of returning to the main menu or dropping me back to the desktop, my entire system locks up. With later versions of Glidos, I can "cntl-alt-del" out to the task manager and regain control there, but with older versions of Glidos (v1.16) I have to reset the system and reboot. Has anyone else experienced this?

Incidentally, I'm the same person who posted the problem with Glidos bumping me back to the desktop during in-game FMVs. However, I'm having good luck with Glidos v1.16 until I ran into this situation. Since others enjoy the game on the same system I'm just trying to make it as stable as possible. Thanks.

My System ...
WinXP Pro SP1
AOpen AX6B motherboard
Celeron 1 GHz CPU (using Powerleap PL-iP3 adaptor)
512MBs SDRAM
Radeon LE video card / Catalyst 3.1 drivers
SB Live 5.1 sound card / latest drivers
WD Special Edition UATA HD (80GB)
Plextor 16x Atapi CD-RW drive
CreativeLabs 32x CD-ROM drive
USR 56K Controller-based Modem

Tomb Raider Gold
VDMS v2.0.4
Glidos v1.16

Reply 1 of 2, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think UB does just sit doing nothing at the end. The trouble under Glidos is that the game is running at very high priority, and it makes it very difficult to regain control of the computer. Later versions of Glidos notice when 3d graphics commands are no longer issued, and throttle back the priority, which gives you a way out.

Reply 2 of 2, by hojo2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have since found a working solution, it requires a later version of Glidos (the lastest one works just fine). Anyway, I go into Glidos.ini and copy the "VESASupport: Yes" line, from the TR section, and add it to the TRUB section. I then run UB-Glidos in full screen mode. When the screen goes black at the end of the game, I can return to the TRUB main menu by pressing the Enter key about 5-10 times. I think Glidos is scrolling though the end credits, they're just blanked out.

So for now, I'm using two instances of Glidos: v1.16 for TR (which doesn't jump back to the desktop durning FMVs) and v1.24 for TRUB (which doesn't have FMVs anyway). Seems to work OK.