VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

O please enlightened ones, how do you get the UNFINISHED BUSINESS 3dfx Tombub.exe to work with the Glidos server?

Reply 2 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK - I put the 3dfx tombub.exe into the C:\Tombraid folder

I tried run :\TOMBRAID\TOMBub.EXE
I got warning box saying:"This programme has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated. Quit all programmes then restart your computer.
If the programme encounters problems click the Start button then select Help, Troubleshooting and if your'e having trouble running MS-DOS programs; OK;
(Details: The program tried to execute an invalid instructuion; Fault locations: unkown; Interrepts service: None)

I tried Glidos server
I got warning box sayiing: "Can't find C:\Tombraid\Tombub.ex tombraider is not installed corectly for use with Glidos

So I re-named the Tombub.exe file to Tomb.exe

I tried to run it
I got a series of blue screens saying:
"The programm was terminated unexpectedly. start the programm again; OK radio button
(continued...) "This application cannot be restored and will be terminated press any key to continue.
(continued...)"This application cannot be run in Windows. Press any key to convert this application to full screen mode. Press any key to continue.
Return to desktop.

I tried the Glidos server
I got grey warning box saying: "Wrong version of Tomb.exe see installation instructions: (OK)

(I also put in the data and info to see if that was needed after but the same results)

A pair of glasses go up to the bar and ask for a drink ~ The barman says, "Sorry sir, I can't serve you - your'e off your face!".

Reply 4 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I reinstalled everything as suggested but I'm still not sure how to use the sfx tombub.exe with Glidos.

The Glidos server doesn't recognise it as the right version of tomb.exe .... (because it isn't I suppose).

I downloaded bonus levels files ages ago from either Dracman or Stella's to play after the main game.... it must be the right one - Shadow of the Cat levels are the same as Unfiniished Business, right?
(I have trubsoft & 3dfx tombub files ... There are also some files with little cogs on the icon ?? Where do they go? are they needed? there are also a few image files for credits etc.

Am I doing the right thing putting the tombub.exe into the tombraid folder & renaming it ?

What about these files with cog icons?

I'm using a "sold out software" copy of TR1 - is this the problem?

confused:

Reply 5 of 14, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fridgeraider wrote:

I reinstalled everything as suggested but I'm still not sure how to use the sfx tombub.exe with Glidos.

The Glidos server doesn't recognise it as the right version of tomb.exe .... (because it isn't I suppose).

No, its because Glidos can be a bit daft sometimes (that's both the program and me).

You just need to edit the glidos.ini file and remove the line that says

ExeSizes: 867563, 868075

With all the fiddling though, you might want to restart the install from scratch.

Reply 6 of 14, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by fridgeraider The Glidos server doesn't recognise it as the right version of tomb.exe .... (because it isn't I suppose).

*Red Flag goes up*
You shouldn't get a message about TOMB.EXE if you are telling Glidos to start "Unfinished Business". You're not selecting "Tomb Raider" in order to start "Unfinished Business" are you?

Shadow of the Cat levels are the same as Unfiniished Business, right?

"Shadow of the Cat" is part of "Unfinished Business". EIDOS kind of confused things by naming it like this. "Unfinished Business" is the level package, the levels it contains are "Unfinished Business" and "Shadow of the Cat". I prefer to call them the "Gold" levels as they were the bonus levels of the gold release.

(I have trubsoft & 3dfx tombub files ... There are also some files with little cogs on the icon ?? Where do they go? are they needed?

You need to actually identify the files, many files use the "dual-cogs" icon.

I'm using a "sold out software" copy of TR1 - is this the problem?

Ugh.
showthread.php?s=&postid=11614#post11614

Reply 7 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You're not selecting "Tomb Raider" in order to start "Unfinished Business" are you?

You're not selecting "Tomb Raider" in order to start "Unfinished Business" are you?

eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrm... what would you do if I said yes? 😮

I didn't select "Unfinished Business" ... What?... I didn't know! 🙁

... anyway I edited the .INI file as you said, after re-installing everything from scratch.

Now I've selected "UB" sfx trub still won't run - I get this message:

CD not present
Place the CD in the drive, and wait a little.
If a splash scene comes up select EXIT.
Then restart the game from Glidos.

and if the splash scene doesn't come up what then?
Nothing comes up. 😕

(I know the Sold-Out Software CDs don't have some of the movie sounds but I can live with that - Stella's walkthroughs supply comprehensive script summaries - makes you appreciate what deaf people have to live with).

Reply 9 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK I have now removed the lines that says:

ExeSizes: 867563, 868075
& the line that says CDCheck in the UB part of the glidos.ini file

The .ini file now reads:
Selected: Unfinished Business

Name: Tomb Raider
Executable: C:\Tombraid\Tomb.exe
ExeSizes: 873739
CDCheckFile: data\Level10c.phd
DosGraphics: Yes
VESASupport: Yes
ControlJudderFix: 1
Resolution: 3
FullScreen: No

Name: Unfinished Business
Executable: C:\Tombraid\Tombub.exe
DosGraphics: Yes

I thought it was going to run when the the Core Logo came up followed by the Eidos Logo screen, then it clicked off back to the Glidos server. *Basil Brush look on face*

Reply 10 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's working !

I think I confused myself with the many files I did download + plus the major fathead oversight of not noticing the drop down menu on the Gildos pallette !!!!!

I read all the Readme files over very slowly (I find it hard to concentrate on written instructions)
Got it running. 😁:D:D

sorry for being a such a complete klutz 🙄

A pair of glasses go up to the bar and ask for a drink ~ The barman says, "Sorry sir, I can't serve you - your'e off your face!".

Reply 13 of 14, by fridgeraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You have to remember - when you write instructions you can never underestimate the blind stupidity of the reader!