VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cmalloc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed the latest glidos 1.47 and TR1. It worked well in software mode (ie without glidos) and with glidos (Dosbox+directx)

When I tried TRUB It worked well in software mode (ie without glidos) but not with glidos (Dosbox+directx) :

Actually it shows the ring and passport but when I choose "New Game" from the passport the game window closes and I get back to glidos window. I run tests on both Windows 7 64 and Vista 64 and the results are even.

At all tests sound is ok and I'm using cd music.

With any resolution windowed or fullscreen the above results are the same.

* Motherboard asus II gene
* Processor type and speed i7 920
* Amount and type of RAM 6Gb
* Video board w/ RAM amount and type gts 8800 384MB
* Sound board LOGITECH wireless headphone
* Operating system see above

Reply 2 of 10, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, sorry. I didn't have time to reply when this was first posted, and then I just forgot about it. I've never run UB since adding DOSBox support to Glidos. I'll try to test it this weekend.

In the mean time, could it be something to do with finding the CD. If Glidos is given a CD file to check for, it then uses the location of that to tell DOSBox which CD to mount. Perhaps that process is failing in some way.

Reply 3 of 10, by cmalloc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you (Paul ?... I guess) I Knew you wouldn't fail to answer. I remember your good support since smartgroup.

Considering your thoughts, I also tried deleting the "Path to CD check file" under "Executable" at glidos, but still nothing.

Nevertheless, when the game presented the ring and passport I concluded the CD had already been positively checked.

If you can think of anything new, please let me know.

Thank you anyway. I've never expected that glidos could go so far . 64 Bits ? Wow !

Reply 4 of 10, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have this same problem i.e. UB loads to the menu screen, but when I click new game the game exits to VDos with the following info:

VDos32 v0.9 Copyright © Paul Gardiner 2006-2009. All rights reserved.

Setting: PATH=C:\Program Files\Glidos
Starting program: C:\Tomb Raider 1\Tombub.exe...
Warning: attempt to free unknown block 0x011a2008

Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business (c) Core Design. Feb 16 1998 12:03:17

S_LoadLevel(): Could not open D:\data\egypt.phd

Program terminated successfully

I have the Tomb Raider cd in drive D (Sold Out version), and Unfinished Business is a free download from Stella's site (installed in the same folder as Tomb Raider). I just wondered though because there is a software download and a 3dfx download, which one should I use? And what path/executable settings are needed to run the game? I have made the path C:\Tomb Raider 1\Tombub.exe, and the cd check files are blank.

Thx for your help!

Reply 5 of 10, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, also in my DATA folder for UB, I only have the following files (not egypt.phd):

cat.tub
cred0.pcx
egypt.tub
end2.tub
end.tub
titleh.pcx

It's trying to find egypt.phd?? Confused!

Reply 6 of 10, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don't worry, I fixed it! It was the tombub.exe file which was installed with glidos, I suppose that version expects to find the UB disc. So I just installed the whole 3dfx UB (from Stella's site) and removed the glidos tombub.exe.

Last edited by xdantespardax on 2010-10-01, 00:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 9 of 10, by cmalloc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

PROBLEM SOLVED. After installing trub3dfx.exe from STELLAS site UB finally worked. Thank you xdantespardax for the clue. Thank you Glidos/Paul for not forgetting my problem: Your latest answer is from 28-09-2010 and I open this thread on April!

Explanaton : The above file has to folders wrapped inside ( DATA and INFO) and one executable tombub.exe plus the TGreadme.txt. My installation lacked the two folders but the executable was the same. Actually, I didn't install it (ie, runned the exe) but instead I chose to extract to my tombraid folder. That is it .