VOGONS

Common searches

Tomb Raider High Res Texture Project

Topic actions

First post, by Gambit37

User metadata

Well, I looked around to see if anyone had started a high-res project for Tomb Raider under Glidos, and as I couldn't find anything, I thought I'd start it myself. I've always wanted to play the original TR with better graphics, and now finally with Glidos it's possible. I'm calling it Tomb Raider Plus, original huh?

I've only been experimenting for the last day, so there's nothing to report as yet. I'll setup a website over the next week or so and post the URL so people can check the progress.

Reply 2 of 109, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all

Further to my posts last week, I've set up a website for the Tomb Raider Xtra project. Not much on there at the moment, but it has the samples of artwork most of you will have seen already. Check it out and perhaps leave a comment in the guestbook... 😀

http://www.resonantedge.com/trx/

Gambit

Reply 7 of 109, by ChaosFish

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Gambit: really beautiful!!
Only it has a little glitch. On Lara's nose.

Attachments

• tombglitch.jpg
    Filename
    tombglitch.jpg
    File size
    59.16 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 109, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yup, I know about that, see here:

showthread.php?s=&threadid=2578

Hopefully Paul can fix this in the next version of Glidos, as it's not a problem with the actual graphics, but the engine itself...

Reply 11 of 109, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My provider seems to be having problems with all their servers at the moment. First time it's ever happened. Hopefully, it'll be sorted soon.

Don't get too excited though -- only the title screen has been completed so far!

Reply 12 of 109, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just looked at your example screen shots. I think you've updated them: I was impressed before, but the ones you have up there now are incredible. I really didn't expect to see this done so well.

I'm looking at the corner glitch problem now.

Reply 13 of 109, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've fixed the glitch. It was a bug in OpenGLide. If you drop the attached new version into your Glidos folder, the glitch will go.

Attachments

• Filename
    openglide_009rc6.zip
    File size
    34.78 KiB
    Downloads
    247 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 17 of 109, by Gambit37

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Regarding this patch Paul, it does cure the 'black spots' problem, but unfortunately introduces some new ones:

1) Can no longer run TR in a Window -- if you deselect 'Full screen' when starting up TR, the game ends up runniing full screen but with a Windows border around it. With the old version, I got a proper Window the size I specified... this makes it much harder to develop textures because I can't now easily switch between TR and Photoshop to test textures.

2) When running in this mode, selecting the Passport makes the entire screen go black -- before, it just overlayed the game and you could still see the level in the background.