I just registered on this forum to offer my solution, since I've been struggling with same issues as above. I suspect the problems with windows 7/8/10 are because of "Media Foundation"-framework, that somehow doesn't let Glidos to find correct codecs for MPEG4 AVC (h.264) avi-files in FMV pack. However, I managed to fix it and here's how:
1. Installed Windows Essentials Codec Pack 5.0 (from cnet.com, the http://www.mediacodec.org seems to be offline, permanently?)
2. Download Codec Tweak Tool 6.1.0
Ok, now I'm not sure which one of these specifically fixed my problems, since resetting these back didn't break anything once videos started working... 😕
3. Under Codec and Filter Management, in Preferred splitters, select Haali for .AVI
4. Under Win7DSFilterTweaker, in Preferred decoders, have H.264 checked and select USE MERIT in both 32/64-bit decoders.
5. Under Win7DSFilterTweaker, in Media Foundation, check Disable for these formats: .avi in both 32/64-bit versions.
First I only did step 5, then 4 (not sure if in combination), but after selecting Haali for splitting AVI-format videos it suddenly worked. I've tried isolating the correct fix by resetting options, but videos just keep on working. Maybe rebooting OS (not reinstalling!) is needed for settings to actually change?
My system specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K
I did a complete reboot of my OS. It's lucky my PC is new and there wasn't much on it.
Surely you meant reinstall, 'cause rebooting your OS isn't that big deal? 😀